sabato 11 novembre 2023

Led Zeppelin - 1971-11-11 - Newcastle, UK (AUD/FLAC)




(Audience FLAC)

Audience Master Recording

Lineage: 
Master Cassetes > CDr > ? > FLAC > EAC > WAV > Audacity /volume raising and lossless test/ > EAC > FLAC7

CD 1
01. Immigrant Song
02. Heartbreaker
03. Black Dog
04. Since I’ve Been Loving You
05. Rock And Roll
06. Stairway To Heaven
07. That’s The Way

CD 2
01. Going To California
02. Tangerine
03. Dazed & Confused
04. What Is And What Should Never Be
05. Celebration Day
06. Communication Breakdown

Notes by the uploader
It’s hard for me to believe that it’s almost 34 years since I taped this Led Zeppelin show but, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I sat in the City Hall Newcastle with my ITT-KB cassette recorder on my lap with the shittiest little microphone taped to the arm rest.
The three original cassettes that I used to record the show (a Philips C90 and two generic C60s) lay at home for years and years gathering dust but, a few years ago, I found the C90 and the recording was made available again through the Led Zeppelin traders networks. A few trusted traders were involved in sending out hundreds of CDR copies on the same day to prevent anyone getting a jump on anyone else.
The two remaining cassettes (one holding a 20 minute version of Whole Lotta Love and one with Communication Breakdown) were officially noted as being Missing In Action and, presumably. Lost For All Time. A couple of days ago, however, while sorting through a box of miscellaneous stuff upstairs in the attic, I found the tape containing Communication Breakdown. So, for the first time ever, this song from this concert, is available now. The files here are extracted from one of the original CDR copies. The CDR was taken from my original cassette. Don’t ask me what processes might have been involved in manufacturing the CDR because I don’t know. The cassette containing Communication Breakdown was played through a Marantz cassette deck which was plugged straight into my soundcard on my PC and recorded using Cool Edit 2000. The resulting wav file was encoded using Flac Front End. The only tweak that I've used is to insert 2 seconds of silence at the front of Communication Breakdown. The quality isn't pristine but, considering the equipment I used, it's OK I think.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento