sabato 6 aprile 2019

Robert Plant - 2012-05-08 - Gloucester, UK (AUD/FLAC)



(Audience FLAC)

16bit/44.1kHz fileset, which can be burned to CD

Recorded by badger57, photos and covers by badger57, editing done by SCDEGRAAF

Lineage
Sony M10 Internal Mics (24bit/48kHz) > Soundforge (editing and dithering to 16bit/44.kHz) > CD Wave Editor > TLH > FooBar2000


Robert Plant - Vocals, Percussion
Skin Tyson - Guitars, Banjo
John Baggott - Keyboards
Dave Smith - Drums
Billy Fuller - Bass
Justin Adams - Guitars, African Stringed Instruments(?), Percussion
Juldeh Camara - African Stringed Instruments(?), Percussion
Patty Griffin - Vocals (tracks 9 & 10), Mandolin, Guitar

01. 18 Hammers
02. Tin Pan Valley
03. 44
04. Four Sticks
05. Banter
06. Hey Joe
07. Bron-Y-Aur
08. Banter
09. Standing *
10. No Bad News *
11. Black Dog
12. Somebody's Knocking
13. Banter
14. I'm Your Witchdoctor
15. Whole Lotta Love/Who Do You Love
16. Bury My Body
17. Encore applause
18. Song To The Siren
19. Banter
20. Gallows Pole

* Patty Griffin vocals

Total playing time 01:30:53

Notes by the uploader
The first paragraph below is the most important of these notes, please take note and extend your thanks.

Without the help of Sylvia (SCDEGRAAF), this would not be here in such good shape. My part was easy, I just stood there, enjoyed the show, and recorded it. Sylvia did all the editing and all the tweaks. I cannot thank her enough for all her help and guidance.

So after 40+ years attending some of the most amazing music events I finally decided to give this taping lark a go. A very special lady bought me the equipment for my birthday, and it just so happened that we were amongst the lucky few (400) to be attending the live debut of Robert Plant's latest incarnation, The Sensational Space Shifters. As stated earlier, I was forced to use the internal mics as my externals haven't arrived yet.

So we turned up at the venue, a tiny but beautiful hall in the middle of the shopping precinct of a small town to find we were about 6th in line. It was a general admission show, all standing, and this is where my confession comes in. I just couldn't resist standing on the rail, immediately below Mr Plant's microphone, therefore sacrificing recording quality for my own personal gain. I apologise (a bit) for that, but how often do you get that chance?

At 9pm the lights went down and on they came. It was obvious from the way he was dressed this was to be a very relaxed, almost loose, performance. Did I hear someone say a paid for rehearsal? I've seen him on many occasions, but never have I seen him dressed in a plain T-shirt and training shoes. The look was soon forgotten as the music started, almost a wall of sound led by Mr Plants wonderful vocals. Throughout the show the whole band just looked happy to be there and having a huge amount of fun. Judging the reaction of the crowd the feeling was mutual.

2 commenti:

  1. Hi Edge, any chance to reupload this one again?

    Thanks in advance, Kike.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Dear Edge,
    thanks for sharing this gig, it sounds very good to my 42 years old ears :)

    My best regards, K.

    RispondiElimina