lunedì 26 dicembre 2022

U2 - 1998-02-11 - Santiago, CL (2xDVDfull pro-shot)

(2xDVDfull pro-shot)

First let me explain you which are all the most circulating versions of this fabulous proshot :

about this time I was not as much "hard with myself" for synchronization, and my audio sync was not perfect . By unluck, Apocalypse Sound had the "good" idea to release a silver DVD of my version, so all on 1  dvd9 , but they also  kept the sync problem !!
The guy here called All_I_Need created a new version, with same video, and same audio, but with synchro ok ! But he put all on 1 dvd5 so he decreased video quality . More recently he created a new version remixed with Fradoca remaster, but one more time on 1 dvd-r so video quality decreased ...

This is the best version for video quality for this show , the longest, and with 2 audio tracks with synchro OK !

So infact it's the version to keep .... lol !!

I want to thanx Asterix9500 for giving me the chilean TVN master versin, & Zbych for authorising me to share the rare but simply perfect Betacam master version !!

Many versions of this dvd are circulating:

* the most current is the "Justin " version, coming from a 2nd generation vhs, with a not very good image but a great great sound quality ("virtually flawless", like Justin said, and he is right !!!) ! The broadcast is almost complete, only missing the end of "WTSHNN"(recently shared here I believe)

* a 1st generation (said master but I believe it's at best 1st gen) coming on 1 dvd, better image than Justin version, but still not perfect, brighntess & contrast are not optimal. The broadcast is complete

* a betacam master version (Betacam Master Tapes > DVD [Pre-Broadcast - "Please" from MasterTV VHS ] ) , coming on 2 dvd, with a very good sound and ... an absolutely perfect image quality ! this one is the best dvd bootleg I've ever seen but its problem is : it's really not complete ! "Please" is missing (even if a bad version from 1st gen (master ?? so a bad master .. ) is added, it's not a really good version) , and Introduction, end of WTSHHN, intermission between wowy & "Hold me thrill me" , and outroduction are missing too .... that's why I've worked on it

* and an other 2 dvd version, coming from master Chilean TVN channel :
video : master recorded with betamax sony
audio : master recorded with minidisc JVC
are the original from TVN ( tvn = television nacional de chile)
edited and mixed by Rodrigo Masferrer and Oliver Serrano ;
not as good as the betacam master version , but it's the best COMPLETE version circulating, no one of the other is as long as this one !

That's why I've decided to work on this to make an ideal DVD with all these versions, to make 1 optimal version (until we have a Betacam master COMPLETE version to be released LOL)

Most of the video is coming from the betacam master version, except Introduction / Please / End of "Where the streets have no name" & beggining of Lemon / Intermission wowy-Hold me / end (the last seconds) which are coming from the Chilean TVN master. The difference is clear, so you'll see when the version changes, but I hope you won't be too disappointed ...

For the sound stream, i've used the one coming from 2nd gen vhs from Justin ( because after comparating them all, it's still the best one ) , except for the end of "WTSHHN" because it was not broadcasted on the Justin version, so I've added the sound of the chilean TVN master (we can hear a change of sound, but it's not really a problem). It's an ac3 source, don't be angry, it's the best you've ever heard ;-)
I've added a 2nd audio stream availabe : the Fradoca remaster

EL PUEBLO VENCERA Santiago 11-02-98 DVD 1

This is a mix of several versions, please check the infofile

NTSC 720*480
2 audio streams AC3 224 kbps
videos sources : betacam master & chilean TVN master
audio source : TVN broadcast from 2nd gen vhs // Fradoca remaster
mix by achtungpop


01 mission impossible
02 Pop muzik
03 Mofo
04 I will follow
05 Gone
06 Even better than the real thing
07 Last night on earth
08 until the end of the world
09 New year's day
10 Pride
11 I still haven't found ...
12 Bad
13 Staring at sun
14 Sunday bloody sunday
15 Bullet the blue sky


DVD 2

This is a mix of several versions, please check the infofile

NTSC 720*480 bitrate : 7812 kbps (like on the orignal files, I've not compressed anything ...)
AC3 224 kbps
videos sources : betacam master & chilean TVN master
audio source : TVN broadcast from 2nd gen vhs // Fradoca remaster
mix by achtungpop


01 Please
02 Where the streets have no name
03 Lemon perfecto mix
04 Discothèque
05 If you wear that velvet dress
06 With or without you
07 Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
08 Mysterious ways
09 One
10 Mothers of the disappeared

2 commenti:

  1. Please reup file 7, cause is corrupted.

    Thx,

    RispondiElimina
  2. WTF?? I'm getting "unknown" files, which none of my burner programs will recognize. File type: "201"..."202"..."203"????

    RispondiElimina