lunedì 12 febbraio 2024

Yes - 2000-07-15 - Jones Beach, NY (DVDfull aud-shot)


(DVDfull aud-shot)

Wantaugh, NY
Jones Beach Amphitheater

2-camera compilation from 2 1st Gen tapes
NTSC, 29.97fps, 720x480, 48KHz LPCM audio

Jon Anderson
Steve Howe
Chris Squire
Alan White
Igor Khoroshev

01 - Young Person's Guide
02 - CTTE
03 - Starship Trooper
04 - Gates Of Delirium
05 - Leaves Of Green
06 - Heart Of The Sunrise
07 - Ritual
08 - All Good People
09 - Roundabout

Notes:
I dug out the late, great Xanadu's video of this show, along with another angle he had in his collection. Both cameras were apparently in the same section, or close to each other. I have no specs on the cameras, I just know from the notes that both tapes are 1st gen. I don't think Xanadu ever circulated his angle, so this is completely new to the scene. The audio used on the majority was from the unknown cameraman, as Xanadu's tape suffered from a severe buzz. Most likely this happened when he transferred his Master to VHS. Unfortunately, the true Master is gone. Most likely re-used for another show.

What went wrong: this was my first time using a NLE video editing software, I didn't find out about image stabilization until I was done, I'm no audio technician and the cuts aren't smooth, my DVD creation software of choice crapped out in the middle of the project and I had to learn a new one, I could only find the first 80 minutes of Xanadu's angle so the rest is a single-camera shot.

What went right: syncing the sources was easier than expected, and every cut was about as good as it will ever get as far as minimizing camera pans and optimizing the best views of what was going on.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento