domenica 13 novembre 2022

Depeche Mode - 1993-07-31 - London, UK (FM/FLAC)




(FM broadcast FLAC)

01 Higher Love [fades in]
02 Policy Of Truth
03 Walking In My Shoes
04 Halo
05 Stripped
06 Condemnation
07 Judas
08 I Feel You
09 Never Let Me Down Again
10 Rush
11 In Your Room
12 Personal Jesus
13 Enjoy The Silence
14 Everything Counts

Total time : 77.41
Type : radiobroadcast and audience recordings
(bootlegs and trading versions, see below)

Notas : famous gig at Crystal Palace, played two days after the Liévin gig used for official releases ("SOFAD Live", "singles, "Devotional" soundtrack).

Only 14 of the 19 songs were broadcasted, and it is possible that two broadcasts exist.

I used 4 sources to provide the most complete version of the radiobroadcasted show.

The core of the torrent is the bootleg CD "Enjoy The Rumours" (KTS 206).
This CD has an excellent sound quality, but it has a few flaws :

- the name of the venue (Crystal Palace) is edited during the end of "Halo",
- "Walking In My Shoes" is missing in full,
- there is a 5 seconds edit at the end of "Personal Jesus".

I was able to clean those three flaws, using the next sources :
- I used 5 seconds from the bootleg CD "Europe 1993" (Post Script PSCD 1281) To add the missing sentence at the end of "Halo",
- I used the bootleg CD "I Feel You" (Mogul Nightmare Records MNR 015) to add "Walking In My Shoes" after "Policy Of Truth". This pressing with 14 songs is the only bootleg CD source for the song "Walking In My Shoes".

- as the edit on "Personal Jesus" was unfortunately present in every bootleg CD variant ("Dogma" BKCD 050, "Devotional Jump" MFK 003, "Europe 1993" PSCD 1281, "I Feel You" GRA-010-A, "Enjoy The Rumours" KTS 206 - "I Feel You" MNR 015 don't even have the end of "Personal Jesus"), i used 5 seconds from the audience version recorded by F.N. You will hear a small difference between the radio and the audience sources, but at least the track is now complete.

My notes:
BBC 6 Music broadcast "Everything Counts" from Crystal Palace during their "Ultimate Depeche Mode Playlist" and the quality is very good, even though it was broadcast at 48kbps AAC (albeit with a very high efficiency and advanced encoding scheme), it sounds almost CD-quality and sounds slightly better than all FM bootleg versions in my opinion, including this one. Hopefully BBC 6 Music will broadcast some or all of this concert some day.

1 commento:

  1. Bonjour,comment faire un telechargement,je ne trouve pas de lien ? merci d'avance

    RispondiElimina