mercoledì 1 novembre 2023

Tom Petty - 2002-11-01 - Las Vegas, NV (AUD/FLAC)

(Audience FLAC)

"The Kid Goes Bad"
The Aladdin Theatre

SOURCE: 
Sony MZ-R700 (mini disc) with Sony ECM-DS70 mic > Total Recorder (wav) > CDWav > FLAC Frontend

01. The Last DJ
02. Love Is A Long Road
03. Have Love Will Travel
04. Dreamville
05. Joe
06. When A Kid Goes Bad (includes a mad bathroom dash..)
07. Shadow Of A Doubt (A Complex Kid)
08. I Won't Back Down
09. You Don't Know How It Feels
10. band intros
11. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (The Byrds cover)
12. Like A Diamond
13. A Woman In Love (It's Not Me)
14. The Waiting
15. Tom entertains the crowd
16. King's Highway
17. Yer So Bad
18. Lost Children
19. Runnin' Down A Dream
20. Can't Stop The Sun
21. The crowd called out for more.

Encore:
22. You Wreck Me
23. Psychotic Reaction (Count Five cover)
24. The Last DJ reprise > Mary Jane's Last Dance

notes
EX Audience recording ... just fantastic sound (considering the rig, of course) .. really rich and nice bass bottom...

Another dusty mini-disc transfer to digital, and this one is just really a real beaut friends... samples included. Everyone was feelin' it on this night.. Jackson Browne opened
with a great set, as always, and I will get around to getting that up here as soon as I can... nice recording as well. Really, really sweet performance by Tom and boys in a nice
sounding theatre (since torn down) ... in support of that most-excellent The Last DJ release... ah, such good memories..

This recording easily represents one of my best overall concert experiences, and way, way up there as one of my favorite captures in my concert recording *career*.
I do not recall if I have shared this before... too much clutter in me mind... but if you don't recognize this torrent, you should really enjoy this recording... on a nice long
car ride with the top down on a hot summer day.

I labelled this one "The Kid Goes Bad" because that actually happens, while Tom and the boys were PLAYING the actual song.. sounds crazy I know, but you'll just have to trust me.
Hint : I was out from Atlanta, flying solo, and I suppose had one or two too many cocktails at the pre-show Blackjack tables, and as a result, I had to run to the W/C during the song.
And thankfully no, I'm not the kid that went bad and no, it's not as horrific as it may sound, just an extraordinarily funny and well-timed concert moment.. I dunno, perhaps you
just had to be there...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento