martedì 6 febbraio 2024

The Beatles - 1968 - The Esher Demos (STU/FLAC)



(Studio FLAC)

ACOUSTIC MASTERPIECES THE ESHER DEMOS
(CD 1998 BIRTHDAY RECORDS BR 029)
Recorded late-May 1968

01. Cry Baby Cry
02. Child Of Nature
03. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
04. I'm So Tired
05. Yer Blues
06. Everybody's Got Something To Hide...
07. What's The New Mary Jane
08. Revolution
09. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
10. Circles
11. Sour Milk Sea
12. Not Guilty
13. Julia 
14. Blackbird
15. Rocky Raccoon
16. Back In The USSR
17. Mother Natures Son
18. Obla-Di Obla-Da
19. Dear Prudence
20. Sexy Sadie

Total Time = 59:44

**Remastered** by thir13en Productions

I grabbed this off DIME, and so did a few hundred other folks. Why wouldn't you? Sounds too good to be true. And it slightly is. The source was rough, and the remaster amplifies that, but it definitely enhances the source considerably. And a cool hang with the boys in the band at a very hip time.

I did what I could considering the overbearing mid-range and an overdriven tape saturation in some spots. But it still sounds very listenable, I've played it a couple of times now myself. Tweaked, added space to the mono source, and maximized. 

NOTE: 3 songs were pulled from this as they were used in an official box set (13, 18 and 21). In mine the files were there, but empty. That just seemed odd to me, so here I've completely left them out.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento