sabato 23 marzo 2024

The Pretenders - 1980-03-23 - Boston, MA (FM/FLAC)


(FM broadcast FLAC)

The Pretenders
Paradise Theater
Boston, MA
March 23, 1980

The Stonecutter Collection Vol 99

Source: FM Broadcast (Summer 1980) > Cassette Master (Scotch Dynarange normal bias C-90)
Transfer: Sony TC-WE 475 > gold tipped cables > JVC XL-R2010 CD-RW (44.1)
Editing: Soundforge > Wav > TLH [sector boundary aligned] Flac Level 8
Transferred 5/24/15 and posted to Traders Den 1/5/16.
Transferred, edited and tracked by George upload 685.

Chrissie Hynde - lead vocals, guitar
James Honeyman-Scott - lead guitar, vocals
Pete Farndon - bass, vocals
Martin Chambers - drums, vocals
Chris Spedding - guitar (*)

01 Space Invader
02 The Wait
03 Precious
04 Kid
05 Private Life
06 Cuban Slide
07 Talk of the Town
08 Tattooed Love Boys
09 Band Introduction
10 Up the Neck
11 Mystery Achievement
12 Stop Your Sobbing (*)

Total Time = 49:47 min

notes by the upoloader
Here's something that's been sitting on my HD for awhile. This comes from a very old cassette. The tape wasn't labeled with a venue or exact date, nor were there any station Id's.
I spent a lot of time researching this tape and having discussion with the tapes owner, Rich. I was able to verify this as being from Boston. I feel very confident about the venue and date now. I also moved the songs around into a more correct sequence. I know there must be several songs missing from this broadcast, I used my educated judgement in making the set list flow in the right order. Rich's tape actually started with the band intros, which i knew was not the start of the show. I feel 99% sure I fixed the sequence. Clearly this isn't the entire concert and sadly 'Brass In Pocket' isn't included. Chris Spedding joins in on 'Stop Your Sobbing' as the final song of the night. 

1 commento: